Different Types of Hair Textures | Natural Hair Types
Characteristics Of Different Types Of Hair Textures
• Fine HairFine hair is considered as the most fragile texture because it can be easily damaged. It also tends to be oilier than other hair types. Thus, it may find it difficult to hold a hairstyle. Furthermore, it can fall flat against your head for the reason that it is so light.
• Medium HairMedium hair covers your scalp very well. It is known as the most common type of hair texture and usually looks thick. It is not as fragile as thin hair, so it can be manipulated into different hairstyles easily.
• Thick HairAlso known as coarse hair, thick hair is strong and usually takes longer to dry than other types of hair texture. It can be resistant to various chemical treatments, can tolerate heat well, and resist breakage. It also appears full and holds styles well. The key to a healthy main is knowing the natural hair types, their textures, and how to care for them. In general, there four basic hair types: straight, wavy, curly, and kinky. Each has a dozen different subcategories with very fitting descriptions.
| Type 1 – StraightStraight hair types are the strongest of natural hair types. They reflect light to the eye, giving them a glossy appearance. They also grease faster than curly hair types as the oil from your scalp travels more quickly. Furthermore, they are resistant to curling and usually require chemical treatments for permanent results. There are three subcategories for straight hair:
• Type 1AThis type is very straight and fine. It has no hint of wave or curl. It is also difficult for this type to hold a curl. Although it is the rarest type of straight hair, it is typically found in women with Asian descent.
• Type 1BType 1B is not as flat as the previous subcategory, but it is still very straight. It is thicker with medium texture and more volume than Type 1A, giving it more body. When left unstyled, it is generally straight. However, it can hold curls.
• Type 1CThis type still lies mostly flat, but it can achieve the tousled look when air-dried. It also looks coarser and shinier, which can cause frizz depending on the environment and climate.
| Type 2 – Naturally WavyWavy hair is one of those natural hair types that tend to be thicker than Type 1A hair. They are characterized by S-shaped curls down their length. Much of the hair may also appear straight with slight bends toward the ends. They may look gorgeous, but they frizz fairly quickly and require care to achieve perfect waves. There are also three subcategories for wavy hair types:
• Type 2AThis type is very fine, with the spectrum of hair ranging from loose loops to S-shaped waves. It lacks volume and definition, which makes it easy to style.
• Type 2BType 2B hair is mostly straight at the roots and falls into more defined S-shaped waves from the mid-lengths. It has a medium texture and a little frizzier than Type 2A.
• Type 2CThis gorgeous type starts at the roots and is more defined. It is typically thick and prone to dryness and frizz. It is also difficult to style.
| Type 3 – CurlyHere is another one of the different types of hair textures that is common among women: curly hair types. They have the kind of curls that go straight when your hair is wet but goes back to being curly when it’s dry. They start from the roots, down to their entire length of the shaft. They are mostly fine, but their thickness can also range to thick. They are also clearly defined and easy to style. However, they are more prone to frizz, dryness, and shrinkage. These are the three subcategories for curly hair types:
• Type 3AThis type has defined curls with a thick texture. It is the size of sidewalk chalk and has a lot of shine. Type 3A benefits from a lot of body and movement. However, it is prone to frizz and dryness.
• Type 3BType 3B has tighter curls with a combination of textures. It is made up of well-defined, spiral curls that range from bouncy ringlets to tight corkscrews. It is usually voluminous and has the circumference of a marker.
• Type 3CThis type is often referred to as curly-coily. It has very tight curls or kinks and is very easy to style. It is also voluminous, but it tends to experience the most shrinkage.
| Type 4 – KinkyKinky hair is one of those natural hair types that have the tightest curls ranging from fine to coarse. They include S-shaped to Z-shaped coils and everything in between. They are wiry and delicate by nature, so they require a gentle touch. If not well taken care of, they can break easily. To keep natural locks healthy and shiny, use a hydrating conditioner, a rich moisturizer, and some natural oils. The three subcategories of kinky hair types include:
• Type 4AThis type has a soft texture and is defined by tight curls or kinks. It is dense, stringy, and wiry or fine. The coils have a visible S pattern and the circumference of a crochet needle. It looks coarse, but it is actually delicate.
• Type 4BType 4B has very tight curls that are less defined. It bends in sharp angles, but it is soft and fragile. It has the circumference of a pen and has strands that range from fine and thin to coarse and wiry.
• Type 4CThis type is as densely packed as 4B but with less definition and more shrinkage. It is tightly coiled and has strands that range from super fine and soft to coarse and wiry. It is also incredibly delicate. It has curls so tight that it may not look even curly at all. These are the different types of hair textures and natural hair types, and if you are looking for the best curly weave for sew-in, at ONYC®, we consider the curly weave as the pillar of their hair extension products. We offer several different types of curly weave patterns that provide volume to your hair, including the Curly Addiction™ 3B and Bouncy Curly 3A. Our weaves are a must-have look for women who love hair extension and want to conceal various hair problems, such as thinning mane and hair loss.
Knowing the Different Types of Hair Textures and Natural Hair Types will help you take better care of your hair. Need to shop the most quality hair extensions? Vist ONYC Collection of virgin hair extensions that blends with all hair textures!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?