This is a general guide on How to Care for Raw Indian Hair texture. If you are one of ONYC Customers, we hope you enjoy our product and hope you get the best value for your money. To ensure this, it is very important to read the Raw Indian Hair Maintenance to familiarize yourself with the product of your choice. We strongly believe in the saying “knowledge is power.” When we know better, we do better!
How to Care for Raw Indian Hair Texture | Raw Indian Hair Maintenance
What is Indian Hair? – Raw Indian Hair
Raw Indian hair is unprocessed, unadulterated hair donated in temples as a form of religious sacrifice in India. The Indian hair texture is then cleaned and sanitized for consumers.
With a flat iron, you can get the hair to be silky straight, use a leave-in conditioner or some water and you get Body waves, co-wash it and let it air dry and you can get bouncy curls. It is a great investment especially if you get Indian wavy hair bundles with closure!
The level of inconsistency….. The bundles will always vary due to the fact it is RAW VIRGIN hair. Please note that with all raw virgin hair just know that with each batch comes various characteristics. This means perfection from bundle to bundle is not possible. It’s like a fingerprint, where no two can be the same.
Though versatile, The Indian hair diameter is thinner hence has more tendency to experience hair damage due to tangling, abusive maintenance, and color process. Indian hair texture can be high maintenance but can become a lasting product it’s maintenance regimen is followed.
Raw Virgin Indian Hair Textures
Raw Indian Hair Textures come in Mostly three hair textures:
Indian Straight Hair
Indian Curly Hair
Raw Virgin Indian Hair Colors
The hair is available in mostly in Natural Black color, sometimes Natural Brown. The Natural Black is darker than the Natural Black of the Mongolian Hair, more like a 1B color. Though this hair can easily be colored, it is recommended to opt for Colored Hair Weave Extensions to avoid going too light which could damage the hair cuticle.
Indian Hair Maintenance and Guide
Please note that when you receive your product, we highly recommend using a clarifying shampoo and moisturizing conditioner before installing it.
Due to personal preference, ONYC Hair for instance only wash and minimally apply conditioner on all the products. It is quite normal for the hair not to be as soft, but do not worry because this is 100% pure virgin raw hair. Caring for Textured Hair requires some knowledge.
• Washing/ Conditioning:
We definitely recommend using a clarifying shampoo that will get rid of any product including the mild products we put on it. If possible, if you can please follow up by washing the hair in 60% vinegar and a 40% water mixture to further clarify the hair. Finally, condition with your favorite conditioner preferably a moisturizing conditioner that nourishes the hair.
Note: AVOID using holding sprays, gels, and likes. These will make the hair hard, lifeless and tendency to tangle. If this happens, wash with clarifying shampoo and mild conditioner and your hair will be as good as the first time. This is a great advantage of cuticle hair!
Guidelines to Get your Product in Perfect Condition Before Installment.
- To keep your hair moisturized, co-wash it weekly with a good moisturizing conditioner.
- Always allow hair to properly air dry. Letting it drip and air dry creates beautiful curl patterns.
- You can add Argan Oil Serum lightly to tame the frizz if you are in a place with high humidity. NOTE: Too much hair serum can make the hair heavy as well!
- Before sleeping, wrap hair in silk or satin scarf or sleep on a pillow that is either silk/satin. If you are wearing Indian Curly Weave, wear it in a pineapple to sleep. This is a very important part of the Curly Hair Routine.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo at least once every two weeks. Using a shampoo with sulfates in it will make the hair dry out.
- Always use a heat protectant before applying heat.
- Most importantly, keep the hair properly conditioned!
Products for Raw Indian Hair Maintenance
There are many products you can choose from. The most important thing is to choose products meant for natural hair. These are our Product Recommendations for Raw Indian Hair Maintenance. This is just a recommendation and not an endorsement of the brand.
Another important reminder on how to take care of the weave is to avoid using excessive weave hair products. They can leave your strands greasy and stringy, and may even cause buildup. A dime-sized oil will do. They can give your hair its much-needed nourishment while they are protected under your weave. Lightweight formulas like jojoba and argan oil are your best options.
1 | Shampoo: Indian Hair Care
• Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two or Three:
This is amazing clarifying shampoo. If you’re on a budget, try the generic brand at your local Sally’s Beauty supply store.
2 | Conditioner for Raw Indian Hair:
• OGX Ever-Straightening + Brazillian Keratin Therapy Conditioner:
Though this is meant for Straight hair, it does WONDERS on all textured hair, especially for detangling and co-wash.
• Cream of Nature Moisture Extreme Conditioner:
This is also good. It moisturizes and hydrates without weighing hair down. This is also sold at your local Sally’s Beauty Supply store.
3 | Hair Oil/ Serum:
• OGX Renewing + Argan Oil Of Morocco Extra Penetrating Oil:
Though there are many options you can get, this is affordable and still does the job.
• The One N’ Only Argan Oil Treatment
This is also a great product.
4 | Detangling Hair Brush:
• ONYC Ultimate Detangler:
Though there are many options and other brands, our customers love this brush, it is truly the Ultimate detangler!.
Expert Tips – How to Care for Raw Indian Hair Texture
• Before washing, make sure to completely detangle hair from the tip gradually going to the root. Remember that one tangled knot will end up creating a tangled web once wet!
• Always maintain the hair going in one direction throughout the shampooing and conditioning process to avoid tangling.
• Preferably, air-dry hair as opposed to drying with a hairdryer.
• If you apply permanent hair color, wash hair with Apple Cider Vinegar after rinsing off the color. Then follow with shampoo and very mild conditioner. This is a great clarifying recipe!
• Do not double the tracks to avoid tangling. Leave a little more space in between tracks at back towards the nape area.
• Due to the fact that this hair is unique, NO two heads are exactly the same. We strongly advise alternating the tracks during installment if you’re using more than one pouch to create a somewhat more uniform texture.
• Please tell your stylist NOT to double the tracks to avoid tangling. Leave a little more space in between tracks at back towards the nape area. To avoid friction between the hair tracks which may cause tangling and matting.
Aftercare – Raw Indian Hair Maintenance
When you remove Indian textured extensions, deep condition it, rinse properly and let it air dry. Keep it in a satin bag for your next installment. With ONYC Hair, you can store the weft in the Satin Pouch and Closure in your Closure Box.
Where to Buy Indian Hair
You can get affordable, high-quality weave extension at ONYC®. We are an established hair extension company with a team of knowledgeable experts and multiple quality options. Our products are made of 100% Pure Cuticle and Remy Virgin hair, so you can be sure they last longer if well taken care of.
We offer collections from daily, occasional to professional wear hair extensions for all seasons. ONYC® is undoubtedly an excellent destination for all your hair needs.
We hope these tips helped you Learn How to Care for Raw Indian Hair Texture, What is Raw Indian Hair? Now, you know the Raw Indian Hair Maintenance for various Indian Hair Texture!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?