Micro Links for African American Hair Questions and Answers
I Tip Hair Extensions FAQs
Most frequent questions and answers
I-Tips are Keratin pre bonded hair used for the fusion method.
Size Options Medium: 1g/strand, 25 Strands per Pack, Weight per Pack: 25g
Size Options Small: 0.5g/strand, 50 Strands per Pack, Weight per Pack: 25g
There are many factors that you must consider when using the fusion method. Some factors that determine how much hair you need include the thickness and length of your natural hair and the look you are going for. For instance, how long and how thick you want your finished style to be.
Only a professional stylist that understands this method of Hair Extension will be able to tell you how much hair you need!
- We will advise you to consult with your stylist before placing your order if you are buying the hair yourself! So you will know how much hair you need…
- One set is 25 grams (equivalent to 1/4 of a weave bundle) Both 1g and 0.5g have an equal amount of hair per pack. The difference is the individual strand size.
- In general, to add natural fullness, 2 sets is enough. For length increase, you need a minimum of 4 sets. For 4 inches length increase or more, you will need a minimum of 5 to 6 sets.
ONYC® I tip length and corresponding Bead Size:
14 Inches- Buy Large Beads
16 Inches – Buy Large Beads
18 Inches – Buy Large Beads
20 Inches – Buy Medium Beads
22 Inches – Buy Medium Beads
For now, we offer colored I Tip for our Silky Straight I Tip Hair Extensions only. For any other texture, the Tip Extensions are only available in Natural Black Color!
- If you plan to color the hair, the general rule is not to go more than two shades lighter than the original color. It is also wise to do a strand test to see the result you might get. Please note that the strand color tested product is void for exchange.
- For additional coloring guides and questions, you must consult a professional hair color expert that is experienced in coloring treated hair.
To achieve a natural and flawless look, your hair needs to be at least 4 inches long. This will ensure it is long enough to cover the Tips.