Web Content Creator/Manager – (Women Entrepreneur NGO)
Add your name to a Cause Bigger than you & Get Rewarded for doing so!
Are you a dedicated Content creator with an unparalleled passion for entrepreneurship?
Do you have a passion for entrepreneurship as it relates to women? Our CEO and founder is a passionate female entrepreneur who knows the role her mother played in making her who she is today.
She is finalizing the launch of her International African Women Entrepreneurship Organization. The mission of this NGO is to have a digital space to spotlight, the resilience, optimism, challenges, and limitations that affect African women entrepreneurs both in Africa and around the world.
Identifying these, we will set up different support avenues from mentorship to business advice as well as financial assistance like microlending and business promotion. We are thinking big here!
The preferred candidate should be very passionate about female entrepreneurship and have the mindset of empowering women.
The preferred candidate should have good knowledge of entrepreneurship in general and a good zeal to succeed! The preferred candidate will be an integral part of the organization. This means you will be responsible for ensuring the organization’s strategic direction and growth with high productivity and optimism about meeting future goals.
Phase One – Website and Branding
- Web Development: The website is brand new and has no content. The first stage will be for you to create all the necessary content for the organization’s website and publication including the mission statement and assist in drafting the operational plan!
- Branding and SEO: Conduct keyword in-depth research on industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies) in order to develop original content.
- Content Creation and Distribution: Deliver unique quality SEO-rich writing pieces that still appeal to our audiences, attract readers and boost organization awareness throughout social media and web platforms.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
Phase Two – Organisation Development and Public Relations:
- Daily Social media posts on all platforms.
- Promoting the organization’s blog by pitching articles to various third-party platforms in the Entrepreneur field, newspapers, magazines, and television.
- Write a convincing pitching template to promote our cause and find high-profile celebrities and public figures that align with our values and mission.
- Blogger outreach to garner backlinks but following editorial guidelines when creating content.
- Analyzing performance indicators and web traffic and determining the effectiveness of created content. Suggest actions to be taken at any time to ensure search engine optimization.
- Creating blog content and a periodic newsletter as well as a press release.
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems.
- First degree (business background) from a tertiary institution with Publishing and Digital Marketing, Computer science, or Mass Communication.
- Digital Marketing Skills.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of the small business environment.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills in English.
- Proven Content Writing Experience and familiarity with business development or related field.
- Exceptional writing, research using multiple sources, and communication skills.
- Evidence of content that has been published on the web.
- Strong understanding of the target audience and industry trends.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress), social media platforms, MS Office, and SEO keywords, and a basic understanding of HTML.
- Familiarity with web publications.
- An understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM)
- Having graphics/ infographics, and programming knowledge will be an advantage but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High typing speed and ability to create posts quickly.
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, make confident decisions, and independently manage work.
- Creativity and adaptability.
POSITION: FULL-TIME (40 hours minimum)
TYPE: REMOTE (with remote timesheet) for time being. Hybrid will be required as the organization grows with regional headquarter in Lagos.
WORKING DAYS: Mondays to Fridays (might be required to work weekends once in a while for a few hrs (2 to 3)
WORKING HOURS: (After website launch): 2x a week 8 am to 5 pm Nigeria time and 3x a week 7 am to 4 pm EST (1 pm to 10 pm Nigeria (WAT) time. )
REQUIREMENT: High-Speed Internet, Microsoft word, Powerpoint, and Outlook are required.
SALARY: ₦120,000 to ₦150,000 a month. (With the opportunity for advancement and higher pay)