Sassy Remy™ Hair FAQ
- What is the difference between Luxury Ultima™ and Sassy Remy™ Collection?
- Can you use heat or color on Sassy Remy™ Hair?
- What type of products are best for the hair's longevity?
- How long can it be installed and how many installations can I do?
- How should I care for the hair? Brushing, Washing?
- What is the difference between the Sassy Remy™ frontal closure and the Luxury Ultima™ Collection?
- Can I color Sassy Remy™ Closures?
What is the difference between Luxury Ultima™ and Sassy Remy™ Collection?
Luxury Ultima™ is our Cuticle Hair collection. It has all cuticle intact and one bundle is usually from one donor. Sassy Remy™ Collection is our budget friendly hair, it does not have all the cuticle intact and is sourced from multiple donors.
Can you use heat or color on Sassy Remy™ Hair?
Yes, while Sassy Remy™ is not Cuticle Hair like our Luxury Ultima Hair, it is still 100% Remy human hair and can withstand heat. Always be sure to use a heat protector product before applying direct heat.
You can color Sassy Remy™ in Natural black color, however, the extent of coloring and/or chemical process depends on the product. We general recommend a deposit color (going darker) on this hair but some customers have used a lifting color (going lighter) on it and had not issue with it. We recommend doing any chemical process professionally. Generally, it is advised to make any major color changes before installment. This is because the hair might have slightly different texture or porosity compared to your natural hair.
What type of products are best for the hair's longevity?
As with all 100% Human Hair, the #1 recommendation for longevity is to “love it like your own”. The ingredients to look for in products are those that are sulfate free, high in moisture and manageability. For straight hair – heat protection is recommended before applying direct heat. For Wavy/Curly hair – your favorite non-alcohol products for wavy/curly hair is recommended.
How long can it be installed and how many installations can I do?
As with any installation, the duration recommendation is not to exceed 3 months. With proper care, maintenance and professional take-out so that the weft/closures are not damaged, customers have had numerous installs. Some customers have even customized wigs that resulted in more longevity.
* Washing - once a week minimum co-wash depending on your elements. Once a month clarifying shampoo and deep conditioning.
* Brushing - The Ultimate Detangler Brush (Good for All hair types.) is ideal for daily brushing while maintaining the hair’s natural state. While the Lopper Paddle Brush (Recommended for Wavy textures.) is ideal for creating more volume along with manageability!
The SASSY REMY™ might appear silkier initially but it'll gain more texture after a couple of washes. It stands as a budget friendly alternative compared to our Cuticle Hair. Be rest assured that we maintain our quality standard- CREDIBILITY, INTEGRITY and CONSISTENCY all the way. Products on our SASSY REMY™ collections can be reused several times and still retain its texture
We recommend getting any coloring professional done!
Our Sassy Remy™ collections already come processed with texture and color. We strongly recommend deposit colors ONLY (this means going darker than the original color but not lighter).
Generally, it is advised to make any major color changes before installment. This is because the hair might have a slightly different texture or porosity compared to the weft hair. Also, it is quite difficult to completely watch off the residue from color process on installed closure. You DO NOT want the chemical residue on your scalp which can cause serious scalp injury which includes hair loss.