ONYC® Insurance Policy
We will strongly recommend adding insurance to your package! This ensures if your package is lost, damaged on arrival, or stolen a claim can be filed!
We will help you investigate the problem and contact you if any further documents are required... If your item is lost or damaged, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY and we will file the insurance claim for you.
Please reference below important Insurance terms and conditions for each carrier. These conditions are set by the shipping carrier. We have no control over it.
1. Replacements or store credit will ONLY be sent pending a thorough investigation. This process can vary between fourteen (14) days or up to two (2) months depending on the shipping carrier of your item. You will need to place another order if you cannot wait that long. We will reship you the original transaction once we receive the reimbursement from the insurance company or receive the missing shipment back.
2. Claims for the Damage item must be submitted within 24 to 48 hours of receiving your package.
3. Claims for a lost package are eligible for submission depending on the carrier.
Please Note the Claim Eligibility base on the carrier:
UPS - 1 to 7 days after the shipment date, once the package has been confirmed as delivered or lost.
USPS - 20 days after the shipment date.
DHL - within 30 days after the shipment date.
USPS (Postal Office) Insurance Terms:
1. All claims must be submitted within 90 days after the shipment date.
2. Damaged: - Claims for Damage can be submitted at any time but not more than 30 days.
3. Loss: Claims for lost packages/ "Delivered bit not Received" can not be submitted earlier than 20 days. This means the claim must ONLY be submitted 20 days after the shipment date.
4. For damaged items, we strongly advise you to keep Damaged items in the exact condition you received them. Damaged items should be held in the event they are requested during claims processing. FAILURE TO RETAIN DAMAGED PROPERTY COULD AFFECT FINAL SETTLEMENT OF THE CLAIM.
5. Warning: Any fraudulent claims will make the recipient liable for prosecution for mail fraud under the Federal Criminal Code.
UPS Insurance Terms:
1. All claims must be submitted within 2 to 60 days after the shipment date.
2. Claims can take up to 3 weeks to be processed.
3. If your claim includes a damaged item, you must provide photo documentation.
4. Damaged: The shipper (ONYC Hair) must gather the needed information from the receiver(customer) and initiate a claim on a damaged package.
5. Loss: You can file a claim on a package if it has not been delivered 24 hours after the expected delivery date and time. And there is no progress on the tracking website to know the item's location. Before filing a claim, be sure you have checked all exterior doors and other locations where the package could be placed, including the porch, back patio, garage, and any area out of potential weather hazards. You should also check with anyone who might have retrieved the package. If you are still unable to locate the package, then contact us to file the claim on your behalf.
6. We cannot process claims with a partially filled claims form. If there is an issue with your submitted claims form, you will be notified via email.
7. Warning: Any fraudulent claims will make the recipient liable for prosecution for mail fraud under the Federal Criminal Code.