ONYC Clip in Hair Extensions Questions
The Clip-In is for temporary use, the Clips attached to the Clip-In is used as the anchor to attach it to your own hair.
The Clip-In Hair Extensions requires the wearer to have at least 4 inches of the natural hair for the best result. Also, the Clip-In Hair Texture you intend to buy MUST match your natural hair or closer in texture hence you are mixing it with your natural hair.
Reference Below images:
The most common Clip in Hair Extensions Questions we receive is how much hair is needed. The hair you will need depends on your natural hair length and fullness and what style you want to achieve. Customers buy from one set to 5 sets or even more! In general, if you are buying it to get only fullness and not increase hair length, you will need 1 to 2 or 3 sets. If you intend to increase your hair length, you will need at least 3 sets.
Please reference our clip in measurement and then decide if it is enough for the style you are
aiming to achieve.
Please note the weight of our clip-in is totally different from our weft hair and varies length to length since our Clip-in hair is sold by clip width and not weight. The width is always consistent and hair weight varies. This is why you will see a price increase as you go longer but it is great so you will only concentrate on the width to determine what you need.
For convenience, we have provided our Clip-in Hair Extension Measurements below.
Clip Weft measurement:
One 8 Inch (Approximately 20cm) wide weft – 4 clips per weft
Two 6 Inch (Approximately 15cm) wide wefts – 3 clips per weft
Two 4 Inch (Approximately 10cm) wide wefts – 2 clips per weft
Two 2 Inch (Approximately 5cm) wide wefts – 1 clip per weft
14″ Approximately 54g
16″ Approximately 60g
18″ Approximately 66g
20″ Approximately 72g
1) If you plan to color the hair, the general rule is not to go more than two shades lighter than the original color. It is also wise to do a strand test to see the result you might take. Please note that strand color tested product is void for exchange.
For additional coloring guide and questions, you must consult a professional hair color expert that is experienced in coloring treated hair.
The longest we offer Clipin is 20” If you want longer than 20” then you can purchase the weft and make your own clip-ins. Some of our customers do so also.
Clip-in Kit: You can buy Clipin Kit here.
Clipin Making Video: You can watch video on how to make your own clip in here.
- Please make sure you remove and wash Clip-in Hair Extensions separately from your natural hair.
- Before washing gently brush them through with fingers or a soft, wide-tooth comb.
- Use gently running and lukewarm water, and lightly squeeze hair; do not rub or twist vigorously to avoid tangling.
- Remember this is Cuticle hair so use good quality shampoo preferably with detangling agents from clips to ends.
- Rinse thoroughly until all shampoo is removed, and gently squeeze out excess water.
- Apply conditioner all over the hair, from clips to ends.
- Leave the conditioning with 4-5 minutes and rinse thoroughly again.
- Gently squeeze out excess water, blot with a towel, and shake out.
- Hang to air dry. Avoid blow drying it while wet.
- Store in a cool dry place until ready to use!
Because clip-ins do not require long term bonding, such as sew-in or glue. Some activities like swimming are not recommended, However, clip-ins can be worn during work-outs when placed properly.
For additional Clip in Hair, Extensions Questions feel free to contact us.